Manual Lymphatic Drainage
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) MLD is a specialised and advanced massage technique that uses a combination of movements and techniques to bring about various effects to the tissue.
It is a very gentle, light touch massage is incredibly relaxing while still being effective. The specific movements of the skin improve the ability of the body's lymphatic system to cleanse internally.
It stimulates and increases the removal of waste products, toxins and excess fluid from the bodies tissues.
The gentle and repetitive movements of MLD help to reduce all types of pain through the interruption of pain signals, removal of wastes products and inflammation that may be causing the pain.
What are the benefits of MLD?
- It is deeply relaxing and calming and can help to reduce stress and anxiety
- It can help to reduce pain through the removal of waste products and the interruption of pain signals
- Promotes the healing of injuries such as fractures, torn ligaments, strains and sprains.
- Can improve many chronic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, acne and other skin conditions.
- It has a decongestive effect so can help with conditions such as sinusitis
- May strengthen the immune system by removing waste products within the lymphatic system. Think of it as an internal detox.
- It can help to improve fluid congestion such as swollen ankles, puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
- Promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of old scars.
- Minimises or reduces stretch marks.
- Can be used to reduce inflammation and speed healing following cosmetic surgery.
What conditions can benefit from MLD?
- Pre/post dental work
- Pre-menstrual syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Pre/post joint replacement
- Pre/post liposuction and other aesthetic procedures
- Improvement of scar tissue and other skin complaints
- Pain relief
- Assisting healing of strains, sprains and fractures
- Post respiratory complaints
- Many more